Thread: Renney's Future
View Single Post
Old
03-18-2007, 02:53 PM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
all i can say is, from the ~dozen games ive seen this year from the pack, and every single ranger game ive seen since Renney started I can say the systems look NOTHING alike. perhaps the execution is better in HFD than here, but there it looks very north-south, dump the puck and chase it if there is no entry, etc. here its very east west, regroup if there is no entry into the zone, lots of cross ice passes trying to find the perfect play.

to me, the teams look nothing alike.
Just in case you think I am full of it, over at Sam's blog there is a interview were Sam asks Cally if he thinks his game have changed since his last stint in NY, and Callahan says "I think it have changed allot, you know playing in the A, with Schoenfeld, we run kind of the same system, I think he have helped me out tremendously".

http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2007/0...n-of-the-hour/

Like 57 sec into it.

I agree with you that it looks completly diffrent, though I defenitly think its mostly because of the personell (Nylander& Jagr) and especially the other teams. Allot of teams in the AHL are full of guys that can't defend well enough with the new rules, a ton of "Derian Hatchers" down there, so many teams just gives up their own blueline and collapse deep around their own net, and its pretty easy for HFD to gain the attacking zone. While in the NHL, all teams are pretty good at stepping up at the defensive blueline. Though, system wise they play pretty much exactly the same.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote