View Single Post
Old
03-18-2007, 08:25 PM
Ola

vCash: 500
Oilers Chick- I know exactly what you are talking about with the responses, you ask something on a board that aren't you home, and you get 30 responses on everything but about what you really asked.

Though, with Holt its very easy to say zero, none what-so-ever.

I haven't seen Holt in the AHL in a long time, but I've heard report recently that he had struggled some in the ECHL. He is in over his head at the AHL level.

Holt is a great character, really funny and easy gooing. The type that just makes everyone around him have their corners of the mouth closer to their ears all the time. And he is really young too. I know personally how that is, I played on a men's team when I were 16, even guys who never jokes otherwise will joke with a kid so much younger. Their are no prestige.

I know Renney and co loves having Holt around. There is always pressure at this level, and having a really gooffy kid, who knows he is just there in case of emergency and for whom its a just a tremendous expeience, in the middle of the lockerrrom can really help at times.

Holt can develop into a decent AHL goalie, but in the end I don't think he got potential to make it to the NHL. Could see him hanging around in the org for a while though, atleast as long as Renney is around.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote