View Single Post
Old
03-18-2007, 07:51 PM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
The goals notwithstanding, Callahan played an involved and physical game. He also seemed to be very solid positionally.

His play is something we never saw from Jamie Lundmark.

I'm not sure his future is as a third liner. But he should start there next season.
Yeah, Callahan is pretty quick, he got a brain, he got a good nose for the net.

Lundmark got a decent skill-level, is completly braindead, and have kind of lost a step after his knee problems. Jamie wanted no part in becomming a good defensive player, he played what 2 years on checking lines in the NHL and didn't learn anything. If he had worked extremely hard to learn the defensive and checking aspects of the game he would have had a decent future in the NHL. He couldn't get into his head though that a offensive star like him needed to learn the basics of the game.

Seriously though, think back at the Lundmark days. Jamie went to the press right away when he were played on a 3rd/4th line and said stuff like "I am a player who fits on the top 2 lines, I don't belong on a checking line".

I think the competition we got among the kids will itself turn these kids into "A students".

Imagine if we didn't have any competition at all, then someone like Korpikoski might start sulk about beeing forced to spend time in the A or something. How can he do that now when he is outscored there by Callahan, and Callahan then goes up to the NHL and is a instant hit. Someone like Bourret can look around him and only find kids his age who are working really hard and producing more then him, he won't have any problem understanding what it will take for him to make it. Imagine if we had a young Lundmark comming up right now, and he would have seen the hard work everyone put in, how kids like Callahan, Korpikoski and co really took pride in dooing well in all aspects of the game.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote