View Single Post
Old
02-13-2004, 10:05 AM
kimzey59

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritty
How can you say that? They dump Osgood for what most would deem to be an upgrade in net, and they get a very good prospect for an aging winger. The Blues make out the best in this deal. I think they would walk away very happy if they landed Lalime and Laich for Osgood and Drake.

As for the other two teams, big time pass. LA I think makes out alot better than people are saying. Osgood is a better, more proven goalie than Cechmanek and Drake is a player that could definitely help them. It's tough to give up Tambellini without seeing what he is capable of at the pro level which is about the only reason they wouldn't be interested. Valuewise, it's a good deal in my books.

I think Ottawa takes it hard here. Lalime is a definite upgrade to Cechmanek. Laich could be the answer to some of their LW questions and has captain type material. He's going to be a very good winger in the league. Getting Tambellini doesn't really make it worth doing.
The problem with the Blues return is this, it doesn't help us RIGHT NOW. Lalime is a slight upgrade in goal(and he has actually looked worse than Osgood for most of the year), in fact if it were simply an Osgood for Lalime trade we'd probably have to add a mid-low round pick. The problem is Drake for Laich. Laich WILL BE a good scoring winger, but he isn't there yet. This trade would be a good move for the Blues future but the Blues kinda have their hopes set on getting into the PO's this year and making a serious run. Laich, for all his potential, doesn't offer much immediate relief. If the Blues are trading Drake we need a scoring winger coming back our way PLUS a pick or mid-level prospect.