Old
03-19-2007, 06:35 PM
RockLobster
RestInPower Parabola

vCash: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starz View Post
Was Sakic booed?
You know, I don't think that he was booed....but that wasn't the point that I was making...by the way, it's not uncommon, especially between two teams who are building up a rivalry (and this Preds/Stars rivalry is what REALLY will sell hockey, because it produces great hockey).

My point was that I, as an impartial viewer of this particular incident, do not believe that it is up to the Predators to make any ceremony, especially in their own building, for one of their rivals' star players. While it's true that ceremonies will be put on with both teams (see LA and Colorado celebrating Adam Deadmarsh, and Colorado and Boston celebrating Ray Bourque).

While it is a tremendous feat that Mike Modano achieved (and for the record, I'm not a fan), I just don't see it as Nashville's responsibility to honor another team's player...again, see the Colorado/Calgary game where Sakic netted his 600th goal, there was no celebration, or even stoppage really, it was on with the rest of the game...which ended like 13 seconds later.

Hope shines brightest, in the dark, where nothing's ever seen. Lighting undiscovered places, no one's ever been.
RockLobster is online now   Reply With Quote