View Single Post
Old
03-19-2007, 08:21 PM
Edge

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyattrocks View Post
If you followed this team for a long time you would realize the Rangers have no clue what they are doing with prospects. So to say Giroux is a career AHL player is simply idiotic. I heard the same thing from a ton of Rangers fans about Ekman. As some pointed out here, Armstrong. I can guarantee you Helminen will be thought of as a career AHL by many here soon and he will go to another team and become a good NHL player. The Rangers just don't get it.
Ekman, after bouncing around with THREE NHL teams finally struck gold in San Jose but soon was moved because outside of 20 goal, didn't do much of anything else. This year strikes me as no different.

The Rangers essentially moved a player with a similar career arch to Jan Hlvac for a younger forward. Didn't work out, but hardly a move that represents a lack of vision.

Giroux is now 26 and also with his third NHL organization and has scored all of 2 goals. Don't know who I necessarily would've taken him over and when I see the kids in the system including Dawes, Callahan and others I especially don't see who I'd take him over.

Armstrong was a career AHL journeyman who played for no less than 3 organizations and looked like a dozen other AHL/bubble NHL players. He played in a Swiss league, rounded out his game and finally at the age of 29/30 made the leap to the AHL. The huge payoff? A nice 10-15 goals and 30-45 points on some pretty mediocre Kings teams.

Sorry but that doesn't keep me up nights and a player finally making the NHL at the age of 30 also doesn't strike me as a "prospect who got away".

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote