View Single Post
Old
05-27-2014, 08:51 AM
Renbarg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CunniJA View Post
So, I've been getting a bit of (what I think is) eczema on the back of my left elbow lately. I've gotten it on occasion the past few months or so and this morning, after a hockey game last night, put two and two together and figured it may well be from hockey. I wear long underwear, so I never have pads directly touching my skin, but I think that the eczema still might be coming from all the sweat and rubbing produced from hockey.

Anybody else here think they've gotten eczema from playing hockey or other sports? I think this might be a thing.
I have had it. It has come and gone throughout my life, and I'm certain its hockey related as it always pops up on parts of my body that are covered by equipment and I'm always completely clear of it if I don't play for a while. I went to a dermatologist and she prescribed a stronger Corticosteroid cream and it worked. But it pops up from time to time to different parts of my body.

But definitely be careful, maybe go once or twice to a dermatologist to start just to make sure its not dangerous, and how to differentiate the dangerous rashes from the regular eczema type of rash.

Renbarg is offline   Reply With Quote