View Single Post
Old
05-27-2014, 03:59 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by rboomercat90 View Post
I too, think it's disappointing that walkway won't be in the new arena. I think it's great for young kids to get an up close look at their hockey heroes. A few negative incidents shouldn't deter them. The area is roped off. They have plenty of security down there for the players safety as well as access to several police officers who are in the building for every game. If there is an incident these people can be dealt with severely by the law. Charge them, ban them from the building. 99% of the people down there aren't remotely interested in causing problems. They could easily crack down on the few that are. I think it's a poor and short sighted decision by the Oilers.
Not really how it works. A guy spits today and you throw him in jail, doesn't stop another idiot from doing it again the next day. A few negative incidents deter in a lot of day to day activities. Just look at the safety trades or construction guys have now. Couple guys became had their vision impaired so now safety glasses are mandatory. You don't just say "it's only a couple incidents, so let's just move on" you react.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote