View Single Post
Old
05-27-2014, 04:10 PM
offdacrossbar
draft the BPA

vCash: 500
i take the bpa available when we step up irregardless of position or where he was born.

trying to draft for need with an 18 year old kid and an organization in a constant state of flux is tough. we can always find room for a talent irrespective of what position he plays.

if its the bps and a head case or a step down talent wise and a solid character kid, i take the safer kid. attitude problems are hard to correct and a kid who has that baggage has a whole different set of things to overcome.

look at what was said about jt miller. not a good thing.

given we have nothing higher than our 2nd this year, i draft mr kamenev if hes there. hes a kid with late 1st round skills and believe it or not, a pretty safe pick. his overall game is pretty developed.

hes a big LH centerman @ 6'2 200 who can play a solid 2 way game. good playmaker and smart. hes an excellent penalty killer and plays sound positional defense. hes got a well rounded game. captained the iihf u18 team which says alot.

we need to interview the heck out of him and get a real feel for his intentions. given the recent number of russian kids who have come over and are already playing major junior, i think the bogus "russian factor" is lessened.

no question, hes my guy in the 2nd round.

hes similar to anisimov in many ways with his solid defensive game.