View Single Post
Old
03-20-2007, 07:04 AM
Aquiace
The Goggles!

vCash: 500
I just thought I would pipe in a little. I'm a Vancouver fan and I am always tuning into the sports talk radio and they are constantly saying how this is move proof to Bettman's PR prowess... or lack thereof. I don't need to say again about the lack of publicity that the NHL receives in areas in particular like Nashville. The who all star fiasco where they aired it on a Wednesday night on the Versus Network instead of ESPN (all to save a few bucks) is part of the reason why no one knows what's going on in the NHL. The worst part is, there are many americans who are interested, they just don't even get the networks who broadcast them.

This could have been a great opportunity to inform the people that there are exciting things happening in the NHL. And they blew it. They constantly talk about how misplayed superstars like Crosby and Ovechkin are because of the stupid schedule. When Ovechkin came to Vancouver, everyone was talking about it because it was the only chance to get a glimpse of the phenom in action for the next 3 years. Crosby won't even make it to our city this year.

So now they're saying that Poile could have responded to the request and at least informed everyone of the significance of his 2 goals. No one would have made a stink. Who cares if you like the goals? If the events of that night hadn't come about in that manner it might have been different.

The whole NHL administration is incompetant and is more concerned about saving a few dollars than reaching their target audience. Bettman is happy just to have a job. He knows he'll be ousted soon unless he has mafia connections... which might explain how someone of his naivite and incompetance got the job in the first place.

Aquiace is offline   Reply With Quote