View Single Post
Old
03-20-2007, 10:35 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyattrocks View Post
I wouldn't be so quick to say the Rangers are rebuilding yet. They still have shown they have no clue how to play their top prospects when this roster is healthy. Callahan and Dubinsky are only playing do to injuries.

When I see Dawes, Dubinsky, Callahan, Korpikoski, Staal and Baranka replace the likes of Ortmeyer, Hollweg, Betts, Isbister, Rachunek and Malik full time I'll believe there is a rebuild going on here.
Ortmeyer will retire a Ranger and it wouldn't surprise me to see him as a Captain here some day. Hollweg will be here for quite some time. He's only 23 Yrs. old. You have an energy guy who's only 23. Maybe the guy will develop into a player who will put up more than 2 points a season in a few years. Why drop him? He's a fourth liner and he's young. Replacing a young player with a young player means nothing towards a rebuild. Replacing older guys with younger guys is rebuilding.

I can see Orty and Hollwood anchoring the 4th line for years. Plus guys like Dawes, Dubinsky, Callahan, Korpikoski, Staal and Baranka besides 2 of them being Dmen, none of them will be 4th liners.

Dawes will be a 1st or 2nd liner, same with Callahan, Dubinsky will be a 1st/2nd line center and Korpikoski will be a 2nd/3rd liner. Staal #1 Dman, then you have Sanguinetti, Tytuin, Sauer, Baranka and Girardi with King Henrik in the net. That's your New York Rangers defense in a few years. It's going to be sickening how good they'll be.

Last edited by WhipNash27: 03-20-2007 at 10:42 AM.
WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote