Thread: OT : Rebuilding
View Single Post
Old
03-20-2007, 11:09 AM
DarthSather99

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyattrocks View Post
I wouldn't be so quick to say the Rangers are rebuilding yet. They still have shown they have no clue how to play their top prospects when this roster is healthy. Callahan and Dubinsky are only playing do to injuries.

When I see Dawes, Dubinsky, Callahan, Korpikoski, Staal and Baranka replace the likes of Ortmeyer, Hollweg, Betts, Isbister, Rachunek and Malik full time I'll believe there is a rebuild going on here.
The guys you mention still have to work on some things, with exception to Callahan who has proven to be dominant in the AHL and needs a new challange.

Yeah they can play in the NHL but will they improve? Most likely they'd be assigned a role, defensive most likely. In the AHL they can work on their offensive game and be aggressive without worrying about making a mistake to cost the team a game.

Rebuilding is not throwing every prospect you have in the NHL. All the players you mention + Montoya can make servicable NHL players right now. It will serve them better to play in the AHL, get more ice time, more coaching and get better.

DarthSather99 is offline   Reply With Quote