View Single Post
Old
03-20-2007, 12:52 PM
mattyd99

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYROrtsFan View Post
Girardi's amazing play on the puck just makes him so valuable... And he's good enough with the puck offensively that doesnt make him bad there either. Very rare to see a guy play nearly flawless in terms of making good defensive plays on the puck, let alone for a rookie. Thought maybe 5 or 6 defenseman, but he amazingly could be a 4th defenseman if he continues with the good decisions and excellent play. Really shocking with him.

And although Pock has improved as of late, i still dont see him being a top 6 guy... A guy who can dominate in the AHL and come up occasionally, no problem, but that is as far as it goes with me.
I agree with Girardi, so calm and composed back there rarely makes a mistake or a bad pass. With Pock I got to disagree though. He just started playing defense a few years ago so he is still going to learn. I know people have complained about his point production, but if you look at his first year in Hartford he put 6 points then the next year he put up 61. Now I'm not saying this guy is going to put 60 points a year, I'd be happy with 30-40 but it just seems to me that it takes Pock a little while to get adjusted to the league. As many have said he was misused at the beginning of the year and that really hurt his development in my eyes. When he finally did come back after a 30 game stretch of not playing he was trying to do too much. He has since then toned his game down a lot and has been a lot more responsible defensively. He needs to put on some more muscle so he doesn't lose the battles along the boards but this guy is going to be a NHL defenseman. It's only a matter of time before everything starts falling into place for him and that's when the goals and assists will come.

mattyd99 is offline   Reply With Quote