View Single Post
Old
03-20-2007, 05:52 PM
Pizza

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
I still say you're wrong.

They gave Callahan and Dubinsky time in the AHL. They progressed. Then Shoenfeld said, now do it again, only this time the opposition will be targeting you, and they learned how to play under those conditions. And thats not even a full season of what they could/should be learning.

I'm not sure why people dont get that even when a player is playing well in the minors, he still has ALOT to learn, especially in his first pro year. We've been hurt bad by injuries and are forced to call up kids who are still learning. The fact that they have played well is a testament to the process.

Look at our results so far, they don't lie.
I would agree with both you and Pyatt. I would say that when Renney finds a player he likes, he uses him. Lundquist, Betts, Hollweg, Hossa and Girardi are examples. Prucha to a lesser extent. All the prospects in our system are for the most part at the begining of their professional development, having recently concluded junior development. Big difference between the two.

But of all these prospects I would have to say that Pyatt stands out as a type of player the Rangers seem to be targeting in their draft strategy. He could wind up playing on every line for the Rangers at some point in the future. He was the #1 center for Canada at the WJC. When I watch him, he's one of the more relentless players I've ever seen. Constantly moving with very good skating ability. He gives his opponents little time or space to operate and he can make plays with the puck when he gets it. He gets his nose dirty and has a good level of grit. Not that he's a fighter, but he is absolutely a battler for the puck. He is the kind of guy I could see driving Sydney crazy in a year or less. One of the big reasons we could easily justify trading for Avery.

Many have said it and I'll repeat it. This guy was a steal.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote