View Single Post
Old
03-21-2007, 12:11 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
I think that his voice lends to the call. To me it's the package, voice, the milkyness of it, and the actual call itself.

I guess I'm alone in that, but that's OK. I enjoy it and wish our PXP guys would show a bit more emotion when good things happen.

Not sure who it was, but the guy who called the Malik goal in the shoot-out last year I thought did an absolutly great job because he conveyed exactly how I felt when I saw the goal.

I want the PXP guys to show excitement and be different in how they do it as opposed to the Vancouver guy that simply puts a total damper on things when a goal is scored all you hear is "score" simple and bland and boring and I'm like "what's the point in watching this if no one is excited that the team just scored"

It's like the Yankees Radio announcer with his home-run call. I want to feel the excitement coming from the TV. For me it helps the experience.
please tell me youre talking about JD and not Mike Crispino...

Mike is right up there with Al and Stan as 2 of the most annoying tv personalities in the world. Mike is the epitomy of a guy who doesnt know anything about hockey trying to do play by play with someone who does, and looking like a jackass. seriously, did you see the shootout? one of the caps shooters shot the puck and henrik made a kick save to his right, Crispino said it hit the crossbar, another shooter Crispino swore Henrik made a spectacular save, but the shooter shanked a shot well wide.

Crispino then squeals like a little girl when the goal is scored...i mean, come on, at least squeal like a little boy.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote