View Single Post
Old
03-21-2007, 01:57 PM
in the hall

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Have to think we are talking at least 5 million per.
1) arguably our best player
2) plays the most critical team position

Buffalo's Miller to me is not an exactly a fair comparison in these respects--The Sabres are notorious for lowballing everyone. The playoff issue may at this point in time have some bearing however there is no doubt that Lundqvist is playing his best right now when the team has needed him most. I don't see him as anything but a clutch player. No doubt his agent is going to point to an Olympic gold medal as proof of that. This is a player that to me you lock up and try to lock up for 4 years minimum. You can build a team around him. As for Montoya on the horizon--you give him every opportunity you can also but it's best to deal with him when he's proven himself in the NHL and when it's time to deal with him.
i think Miller is a great comparison.. they are both comparable goaltenders in age/performance/experience

even if the sabres low balled him, they set a range where we can base our offer on

also, if his agent tries to pull that *****, the rangers will be sure to remind him of how none of his accomplishments outside the NHL will factor into him receiving a contract to continue playing in this league

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote