View Single Post
Old
06-01-2014, 04:37 PM
broadwayblue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by petejudge View Post
Except again, let's be honest, with the original prices/profit margin on these things it would benefit the NHL to honor a lot of these orders anyway. Think about how many people wouldn't have bought these jerseys without the reduced price. The NHL still makes a considerable amount of money here, and then can sell them at a normal price from here out. I know for a fact my brother and I wouldn't have bought jerseys if they weren't up for $70. I'm sure there's so many other people who feel the same way. Simple economics brother.

Plus, by setting a precedent and sending out $13 jerseys to Islanders fans, how are you NOT going to follow it up and do the same when the mistake happens again but for a more popular team?

I'm sure resident lawyer Jonathan could confirm/deny this, but aren't there also potential legal issues in a company setting a price, confirming the order, and then not sending out said orders?
They are not obligated to fill any order. End of story. That said, they have to manage their image and honoring a mistake is never bad in that department.