View Single Post
Old
03-21-2007, 04:26 PM
thinkwild
Veni Vidi Toga

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeycountry
Wasn't this last game the first time he's been up there?
Nope

Quote:
It can't be more than the second,
Well yes, he’s played there a few times, including many games on pp’s and a couple 5 on 3’s. He’s had opportunities to step up, but he hasn’t produced as much as eaves or McAmmond there yet. But if you are looking for excuses for Comrie, he has also been playing through injury apparently. Comrie has some excuses I agree

Quote:
I thought he looked pretty good, considering how cold Spezza and Heatley looked.
As you say, the line didn’t look good with him on it. You can say it 3 times and click your heels, but Kelly has produced there and Comrie hasn’t had games with that line where all of us have afterwards said, wow he really clicks there, lets leave him there. Even those pulling for Comrie,, are generally hoping to give him some more time there hoping he will finally show something. But he hasn’t yet. Its late in the year now. But he will also have equal opportunity to demonstrate his chemistry on the top line just like eaves, mcammond, kelly, neil and alfie of course. All of whom have shown real chemistry on that line at times so far in their limited opportunities.

Quote:
Well, I'm sorry to say that I still disagree. Kelly's simple style meshed well with Heatley and Alfredsson when Spezza was out, but Kelly just does NOT work with Spezza-Heatley. He can be adequate there, but I don't feel that's an ideal role for him at all.
That’s ok, you can disagree, i don’t expect everyone to be man enough to admit they were wrong. But facts are Kelly’s simple style worked excellently with alfie and heater, making them a top line in the league. To suggest otherwise simply means logic has left you as a friend.

And Kelly brought Spezza and heater out of their slump and looked real good there which is something we havent been able to say about Comrie yet, much as I wish we could.

I know you don’t want him to be top 6, your biases are ingrained you have much bashing saying otherwise to protect. But Kelly’s not top 6, he has just shown some chemistry to be able to do it temporarily if the team needs a shakeup.

Quote:
I've just always thought he was more suited to a role other than top six. Good as he is, as much as he brings, I've felt that Murray tends to overrate him at times. I stand by that.
Yes, this is exactly what Galley and them were talking about when they said most fans were unable to appreciate why coaches all like Kelly, and put him in those situations, and vote him first star when he gets no goals or points. Many cant appreciate him until he gets points on the scoreboard. As is increasingly becoming clear, it is not Murray that overrates him, it is you that cannot properly evaluate him.

thinkwild is offline   Reply With Quote