View Single Post
Old
06-03-2014, 09:27 AM
Hiesenberg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
TSN just put up their offseason game plan for the Flyers yesterday. High(?)lights include:
  • Point out that Flyers ranked 23rd in puck possession
  • Biggest offseason decision: what to do about / with Lecavalier
  • Defense needs an overhaul
  • Goaltending remains a big question mark; they point out with a link that Mason "was one of the worst starting goaltenders" in his 4+ years with Columbus. Sheesh!
  • Hextall is "walking a fine line, fine enough that a few wrong decisions or even a couple of bad breaks could be enough to cost them" entry into the postseason
  • They trash MacDonald and his new contract
  • Suggested FA forwards: Mason Raymond, Benoit Pouliot, Radim Vrbata
  • Suggested FA defensemen: Sami Salo, Anton Stralman, Raphael Diaz, T.J. Brennan (AHL)
  • Suggested backup: Alex Stalock
  • Suggested draft pick: Dylan Larkin, Alex Tuch, Josh Ho-Sang

Most of the points are in line with what we have discussed and suggested here. The defense suggestions are very underwhelming, though, and I'm not enamoured with the options presented for the 17th overall draft pick. Overall, I thought the write-up was fair, despite the desperate clinging onto the "Flyers goaltending controversy" meme.
Goaltending remains a big question mark; they point out with a link that Mason "was one of the worst starting goaltenders" in his 4+ years with Columbus. Sheesh!

Because no goalie has every figured it out at 25. This still burns me.