View Single Post
Old
03-22-2007, 07:54 AM
Melrose_Jr.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corto View Post
If you don't trust your coach, that's one thing. But if he's getting results with a (very) limited offense - especially with jagr playing all season with half of his shoulder - and no-name defense, AND introducing young guys, why does it matter that sometimes some fans don't understand his moves?
Well, it could certainly be argued that the "moves" in question were indeed preventing this team from realizing it's potential, and their play over the last few weeks almost proves the point. He's like Marcel Hossa. His performance for the better part of 2 years has been below expectations, but now that's he's strung together 3 good weeks, it's like anyone who once was critical of their previous sub-par performances immediately gets branded as some kind of hockey retard that needs to be called out.

Any time the "Fire Renney" topic came up, the first thing I asked myself was who was the immediate or long term replacement. Without any kind of answer, put me in the "thinks we can do better than Renney" crowd despite his recent success.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote