View Single Post
Old
03-22-2007, 05:52 PM
Cactus Jack

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Cactus Jack
Quote:
Originally Posted by FissionFire View Post
Don't tell the other Wings fans, but I'm rooting for you tonight. After the BS way the refs called our game in Calgary, I wanna see them get thrashed in a big way. Drop double digits on Kipper and Iggy. Check a ref or two if you get a chance!

I just hope you get a better ref job. Calgary was playing their usual clutch-and-grab style yet had a 5-0 PP advantage going into the 3rd period (ended up with 5-1 PP edge). Only reason we even got 1 PP was Datsyuk got hauled down after splitting the defense.....
I may be a Flames fan, but I whole-heartedly disagree. Calgary is usually brutal for taking too many penalties and the refs aren't afraid to call them against the Flames, but they were disciplined against Detroit. If anything, the pp advantage should have been greater for Calgary, as the Wings hooked, interfered, and held a lot more than I expected. I think there's truth to the common belief that teams like Toronto, Detroit, and the Rangers get the benefit of the doubt for calls, so it was nice to see it go the other way for once.

Don't blame the refs, WingsFan. If you can't score more than one goal in any game, you don't deserve to win.

Cactus Jack is offline   Reply With Quote