View Single Post
Old
06-06-2014, 11:05 AM
Prongo
Beer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyersFan18 View Post
I'm sorry but bringing up speed and position to justify an argument with Scott Hartnell is just ****ing silly. No he's not a natural LWer I agree but he's shown in LA and the 2010 Olympics he can play the position. His positioning is what makes him a great player. Richards has never been FAST but his ability to ready the play is something I take over a player who time after time kills offensive opportunities. The fact Richards still plays the point on a Power play unit over a natural defender gives me the wavering opinion that his hockey sense, versatility and positioning is still there and at a much higher level than Scott Hartnell and many other one dimensional players that play on this team.
You know what is silly, people who say Hartnell isn't a good skater. He can skate fine but isn't a dynamic skater like people want. He doesn't have bad speed and his acceleration is good. His edge work is his weak point.

Also, Scott Hartnell is not one dimensional. It is something people really fail to see. He back checks as hard as anyone on this team and is rarely out of position on the defensive side of the ice. Have we ever seen people other than HF posters complain about Hartnell's defense? I can't tell you one occasion that has happened.

We really need to get over the nostalgia of Richards. He is just not the player he once was, that is why the Kings are contemplating letting him go via buyout. This is a team that is about to win a cup and he can't play LW on their third line. He is a third line center at best and shouldn't be anywhere near the top 6 of a team.