View Single Post
Old
02-14-2004, 11:56 AM
Necrophile

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas
Bonneau fought and won it.

The first line of Lambert - Urquhart - Lambert isnt doing all that much, though they havent gotten much ice time for a first line.

Lapierre is quite impressive in the agitator department, making some solid hits and went after O'Brien (dont know if hes a fighter) but nothing happened.
I can't remember who Bonneau fought, but he absolutely SCHOOLED that guy!!! Way to teach some punk how to fight! He has good strength and good fighting skills! Now I know why he's considered one of the top (THE top?) enforcer in the Q. I hope he can translate that toughness to the NHL some day...

I noticed all of Lambert, Urquhart, and Lapierre were on the PK, although Lapierre was on the PK 1 unit, and the others were on PK 2. On 5-on-5, they were all on the same line, centered by Urquhart.

They probably weren't having their best first period, as I saw Urquhart, notably, coughing up the puck with a Lambert pass in the skates, which led to a 2 on 1. They seemed to have trouble creating, maybe just a slow first period? Lapierre really impressed me. Some fool wanted to come after Lambert, but Lapierre stuck up for him. Lapierre reminded me of a younger Bégin, judging by what I saw of him; good PK, agitator, energy player, sticks up for teammates...

Anyway, I hope someone else can contribute to this short analysis. I fell asleep sometime during the 1st intermission, as I had been awake for a couple of days...

PS The game was on channel 9, in Montréal-area cable.