View Single Post
Old
06-07-2014, 12:17 PM
Ola

vCash: 500
One thing though, and I know this will be called out as an "excuse" or whatever, but I don't care, I still think the -- major -- problem with our top line is that they are playing infront of a D pairing that all season has provided them with ZERO offensive punch.

Over our 113 games this year, I think you can count elite offensive plays by Stralsy and Staal on one hand. They combined for like 25 pts in 160 games during the regular season and is bascially on the same pace during the POs.

That is one thing that is FUNDAMENTALLY wrong with this team, and I hate it because it wrecks so much. Look at LAK, look at the PITT series. A good defensive team will just shut down a scoring line that is -- not -- a scoring "unit", ie involves and is backed up by D's that is able to open things up. And the only time we have scored some goals, its when McD has stepped up and filled that role.

When the defending team takes away the ice infront of the net -- what the **** is 3 forwards going to do on the ice? Yeah, you can pull a Pat Kane and skate 8 laps in the attacking zone and shot from the blueline. But we don't have a Pat Kane...

Slats need to get a PMD for this team.