View Single Post
Old
02-14-2004, 12:28 PM
Kirk Muller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixd
Before reading this, keep in mind I am not a very big Hainsey fan.

I don't think the Habs should do this trade only because it would be an inneficient use of their assets. We are already grooming a hitter/tough defenseman in Komisarek, and he should be seeing regular NHL time by next season. We also have Souray, and since he is heavily injured, it would be nice to have another tough customer. However, we do not have any other prospects that will threaten to be legitimate powerplay quarterbacks. Markov is good, but I see him more as a second powerplay unit quarterback. Ron Hainsey can be a quarterback if he develops well. While I think Witt would be a valuable addition to the habs, giving up Hainsey does not make sense for the Canadiens.(I'm not saying the trade isn't fair, because I think it is). Bring on Perreault for Gauthier!

Every time I see Hainsey play, I just don't see this quality PP quarterback. Also, people tend to believe the defenseman is the PPQB, but as is, Koivu and Ribeiro are often the QB's on the current PP. Quite often you see a forward directing play or even playing the point. Two prime examples are Ottawa and Vancouver.