View Single Post
Old
06-08-2014, 08:27 PM
Romang67
BitterSwede

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reg Season SC View Post
And all of those guys excluding Suter (but in a shortened season) had their career year in points with the Nashville Predators. You have found me 4 people who fit the mould and 1 exception.

Like I said, I doubt Weber would fill in well for a Doughty, a Keith, a Subban, a Karlsson or even a McDonagh. Not that he would be bad just that like I said - he benefited from Nashville more than they benefited from him.
None of those players have gone from one team to another and slowed down. Heck, excluding Timonen, who had his career years in the ridiculous 05/06 and 06/07, all of those players have produced similarly offensively.

Hamhuis went to being the best D-man on the Canucks.

Timonen went to being the best D-man on the Flyers.

Klein went to having the same role in NYR.

Suter went to being a Norris Trophy contender on the Wild.

You said that Weber would be worse offensively and defensively. I ask you: Why?

Nashville is a D-man factory, and have been for 10 years. Instead of seeing that every top D-man that have left the Preds have played a very prominent role, not only on their next team, but also in the league, you claim that the Nashville system makes the look better than they are. If that were the case, they wouldn't still be top D-men in the league after leaving the Preds.

It's not like they regularly pick up lousy D-men and make them look amazing either. They are simply great at drafting and developing D-men.