View Single Post
Old
03-24-2007, 02:52 PM
Karsten

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tb0ne View Post
Butcher how good a prospect is Oliver Lauridsen?
I see he's rated by ISS but I havn't heard much about him as a player other than he's a 6'5 defensemen.
Oliver Holten-Lauridsen (1989-03-24, 196/92) is a big, but flexible defenseman. He got his hockey education in IC Gentofte, one of the leading Danish youth development clubs, signed with Rögle when he was 16 but transferred after one year to Linköping, the reigning Swedish J20 champions. That was last Summer.

Linköping needed a big and strong defensive D-man, and Oliver was the guy they were looking for. Oliver was very happy about the transfer. His mentor, coach Jim Brithén was just departing from Rögle, and the conditions at Linköping (e.g. three skating rinks) are much better than at Rögle.

Oliver Lauridsen was initially assigned to Linköping's J18 team, but was quickly called up to the J20 where he played most of the season. Being a defensive D-man, he doesn't produce much, but he has been very solid. +7, PIM 30 in 20 games in the regular J20 season, +1 PIM 65, 2 assists in 14 games in the J20 Top 8 SuperElit, and +1 PIM: 8 in 5 games in the playoffs. Total: GP 39, G: 0, A: 2, PIM: 103, +/-: 9.

I would rank him 3rd among the Danish defense prospects, behind Phillip Larsen (also born 1989, but only eligible in the 2008 draft) and Mads Bødker.

Could to be a late round draft this Summer, but depending on his performance at the J18, 1 division world championship in April. He is currently ranked 54th among the European skaters in CSB.

Karsten is offline   Reply With Quote