View Single Post
Old
03-25-2007, 04:25 PM
handtrick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
Hartnell, Forsberg and Radulov is what I think most here have been saying since day 1 of the Forsberg era (or at least a couple of games into it). I think Rads and Harts speed (or relative lack thereof) and willingness to shoot are perfect for Forsberg. This allows the old lines that worked to stay together.
I agree....but Trotz HAD to do the Kariya/Forsberg experiment.

Kariya was one of the main reasons that Forsberg wanted to come here, and the potential chemistry had to be given a legitimate try. Both are smart enough hockey players to evaluate where their strengths will pay the most dividends in team success for the prize that all are striving for.....who knows, it could be the last legitimate chance for the Cup for either or both of them.

That being said, they will still have the opportunity to work their magic together during the 1st PP unit together, where the 9-10-11's strength of scoring off the rush due to speed is not in demand, but the precision passing skills of both Forsberg and Kariya can be together maximized.

We all saw it....Trotz may have seen it....but Kariya and Forsberg had to first answer the question first hand in their minds, and other line chemistry had to be attempted to see just where Forsberg would make the most impact even strength.
It is no coincidence that Radulov's game has matured since Forsberg has joined the team.
Having those three impact lines is a situation that no one else in the league can legitimately match up well against.......IF everyone becomes healthy......

Sully's health now becomes the lynchpin to ultimate Cup success or failure, in my mind.

handtrick is offline   Reply With Quote