Thread: Mara
View Single Post
Old
03-25-2007, 09:40 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

vCash: 500
Mara vs Ward

I was worried when they traded for Mara at the deadline. Personally I was a big Ward fan, but I guess he fell out of his good standings with the capt, and Renney. At the time I thought that Ward was the better defenseman. I thought he was more physical(even though Mara has and will drop the mitts more) but I thought that Ward would have really turned his game up a notch for the playoff run with some bigtime physical play...like he did in Carolina during the cup run. Anyway, I couldn't get past Mara's plus/minus disasters. As decieving a stat as they are, you would think that he would have finished at least once on the plus side of that statistic, but I don't think he ever has. So my fear would be that he woul be caught out of position a few times, and the Garden crowd would be all over the guy.

Looks like I was wrong so far, as Mara seems to fit in quite well. His shot is a huge addition, and he seems to be reliable in his own zone. Glad he has elevated his play for the stretch and hope he keeps it up.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote