View Single Post
Old
06-14-2014, 10:03 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Foolish Samurai

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aufheben View Post
We made the playoffs with him contributing 39 points, and made the SCF with him contributing 3 goals. I think we'll find a way.
We made the SCF with Nash helping to drive play whenever he was on the ice. Him and Stepan, and then later Kreider, went against the best players in the league. Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin, Claude Giroux, Anze Kopitar, etc. The only series where they didn't go against worldbeaters is in MTL.

As much as i'll beat the Stepan drum, Nash is just as important to the line. Sure, if he scores in the SCF we probably win the Cup. I'm furious at him, and though i'm not one to complain about "clutchness" Nash did **** the bed. But there's a reason Giroux, Crosby, Malkin and Kopitar didn't light us up.

I'm still on the edge if I would trade him (depending on what free agents were available and what the package was, of course), but if i'm the GM i'm not desperately shopping him.

That being said, **** him for not scoring ONE GOAL in the SCF. No matter how good he is/will be at everything else, there'll always be a little of me that resents him for not potting ONE in a series with 3 OT's.