View Single Post
Old
06-15-2014, 02:14 AM
Mikos87

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Agree with both statements. Fast has a two way game. A bit more sandpaper and he'll penalty kill. I don't get the sense that Kristo competes as hard as Jesper either.
Yeah Danny's not a bad kid but he took the long route in his development and it really hurt him. Kid didn't look like he was ever coached to play defense in college, and the player you see in him is at best a Devin Setoguchi... at best, and that's not a compliment.

Last year might have been the first time he's had to play D, and he was pretty lost. Compete level not high after the 1st month in the AHL. Stats and performance took a nose dive soon after.

Pro game and college game are two different beasts, the amount of games also got to Kristo as he looked fatigued mid-season. At this point its a do or die year for him, and with a coach like AV that wants consistency in all 3 zones, Marek Hrivik and even Ryan Bourque are ahead of him in that regard.

If Lindberg picks up the pace from the second half of the year, I think its safe to say Kristo is buried in a farm that isn't exactly an the upper echelon of the league. He's six years removed from his draft year and has yet to sniff an NHL game. Top prospect my tuckus.