View Single Post
Old
06-15-2014, 02:42 PM
NickyFotiu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan the caddy View Post
I'm not trying to say swap Girardi with Fowler. I'm using Girardi as an example because he was our one defender that got completely destroyed in that series and it was all because he wasn't quick enough. Fowler on the other hand is one of the best skaters in the whole league. He would have been a huge asset in that series. It wasn't about physical play from our dmen, it was being too slow and a lack of conditioning that killed us. While usually really good at 1 on 1 d, Girardi and Staal were slow to every puck causing a bunch of turnovers. Girardi could barely get the puck out of the zone he was so slow.
Speed could have played a role at times but most of the Rangers dmen are very mobile. Dan did get burned by some speed a couple of times but many of his turnovers were with the puck on his stick and no Kings player within 10 feet of him. He just had a really bad series. He seemed like his confidence was shell shocked. I have been a NY Ranger fan for decades. I know how some Ranger fans would react to Fowler just letting guys stand around in the crease. Fowler is a very good dman but he is also one of the least physical dmen in the league.

NickyFotiu is offline   Reply With Quote