View Single Post
Old
06-15-2014, 04:50 PM
hockeyfreak7

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by daynus View Post
at 15.

that will allow the opportunity for another high ranked higher skill guy to fall into our laps.wouldnt it be like an early christmas present if a guy like virtanen simply fell because of an injury.and if he does, hopefully into our lap. teams are all over the map when it comes to medical issues.

and with this draft being so unusual with the prospects compared to most.outside of the top 5, everyones board is gonna be way different. some will be shocked that their top ranked guy whom other teams had ranked lower, falls into their lap, and some high ranked guys from some scouting agencies will drop and drop.
Virtanen has some awesome tools, but he's not a can't-miss stud like the big names are. I'd honestly pick Milano over him. Virtanen's flaws are pretty offputting, imo. I'd still be happy to take that risk, but I wouldn't be as pumped as I'd be if, say, Nick Ritchie fell.

As for Detroit, I think they go for one of the two-way centers. Larkin's a Michigan native, and he fills a need for them.

hockeyfreak7 is offline   Reply With Quote