Thread: Corey Potter
View Single Post
Old
03-26-2007, 01:29 PM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Jazz View Post
For those who have seen him play this season: What can you tell me about him?
Strengths? Weaknesses? Things he needs to improve?
I've seen him in two games for HFD.

He is supposed to be a stay at home D type, but he wheren't really tested that much defenisvly when I saw him, so I can't really comment on his defensive game. For a player like him its mostly about beeing consistant anyway, and it takes allot more then two games where his team are dominating the other team to give a opinion on thoose aspects.

However, I were really impressed with his puckmovement, really impressed. He is slick with the puck, moves great laterally, got his head up all the time.

He got that ability to pick up a loose puck, look up while dancing sideways, untill he finds a open lane and can start a transition play, extremely valueble in the game today.

I defenitly got some hopes for Potter. Its to early to make any predictions, but from what I have seen, I defenitly wouldn't rule out him making a Girardi type of impact. I haven't seen Pikkarainen, but besides Baranka I right now feel Potter might have the highest upside down there, more then Liffiton, Taylor, Degon an Co.

Potter breaths good coaching, a very good grade for the US college program. Don't often see someone who might not be the biggest natural talent, have thoose kind of skill comming from NA.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote