View Single Post
Old
06-16-2014, 09:26 AM
Fletch

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Interesting subject as I've wondered about how this team improves, as well.

The biggest thing is this team is going to need more from Zuccarello, Kreider, Stepan, Nash, Hagelin and Brassard.

I don't see a lot of moves that can be made. The Rangers don't have a lot to give assuming they're not going to deal the likes of Kreider, Hagelin, McDonagh, Zuccarello or Stepan.

They don't have first round picks to deal. I don't see either prospects who are knocking on the door (personally, I need to see more from Fast, Lindberg and Miller). And I don't see prospects that teams would be anything more than throw-ins to trades.

And they likely won't have a ton of cap space with the RFAs due new contracts (and raises).

If they look to deal either Staal or Giraridi, they likely create a whole without a logical heir apparent in-house.

So what's my point: the best chance to get better is for the current crop of players to improve their production.

Certainly should make for an interesting offseason.
looks bleak, Singn'! But, it's all the truth. They will have to rely a lot on improving players currently on the roster, and it's not unrealistic to think Kreider, Stepan, McDonough, Staal (if not dealt), etc. cannot be better. But there is not much room to work with, and that's just to getting the basics signed, and includes buying out Richards, which, believe it or not, does create a hole. Guess that all goes back to your point about the timing of bringing in MSL, but I'm sure that topic will come up soon enough.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote