View Single Post
06-16-2014, 01:29 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
No, I am making a choice between Brassard and Stralman. The Rangers desperately need size. And if the salary cap only allows for one or the other, then I choose the defenseman. I like Moore. But he is redundant on a team that already has a perfectly good 4th line center.

The team does not need a small injection of size. They need a lot of it. And an attitude adjustment. They did not loose on lack of skill. They lost because they were fighting out of their weight class.
I'm skeptical of the idea of emulating last year's champs. It changes every year, and it's purely reactionary.

Build your team to play the best way they can and be the champs yourself, write the narrative. Be the team that other, less creative teams try to emulate.

A huge injection of size and an attitude adjustment is unreasonable to expect in one offseason. I think it's easier, and far more realistic, to make this team a better skill team than it is now. Get more comfortable with one another. Tweak the game plan. Retain who you can, and don't ever add just to add. Only add pieces that fit what you're trying to do.

An OT goal here or there, and this team doesn't "desperately" need anything. IMO, they don't "desperately" need anything even having just lost.

haveandare is online now   Reply With Quote