View Single Post
Old
02-15-2004, 07:51 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrophile
Also, it seems to me that Ribeiro has added a physical aspect to his game lately. Maybe the frustration of being more closely watched has frustrated him and fueled his desire for the physical play...? I know that when I play, I play fairly soft until I get a cross-check or a slash or something... After that, I play very aggressively.
It's definitelly frustration in Ribs' case. I saw it two games ago and it was even clearer against the Sens. When Chara hooked him a bit after the wistle blew, he passed by but you could see in his face he was boiling and went to Chara to blow a gasket. He also made a couple of "near charging" ckecks which isn't like him at all. While I like this new found, even if un-natural fiestiness, you can clearly see this frustration mounting throws him out of his offensive game. Where he would often be cool headed and take his time to choose and make the right play in the offensive zone, he's now hesitant and tentative. I'd like him to combine his offensive flair with that edge he's been bringing to the ice in the last two games, but I think it's not possible. It's either one or the other. Ribs needs to be cool and smoothly moving in order to make things happen. When he loses his cool, his offensive game takes a major dive from what we saw recently.