View Single Post
Old
06-17-2014, 09:26 AM
ThisYearsModel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHB View Post
The funny part is, as a Sunderland fan, I hated Jozy all year. I was a major fan of Johannsson and thought he would fit this teams style better.

After seeing yesterday, Aron is a good guy to have off the bench for that spark, but we need Jozy to control the ball up top. They had far to much trouble doing that last night.

I think the big thing is Aron needs to be a go to guy. He's a speedy striker. With Dempsey, he becomes unnecessary since he's the guy they're always looking to get the ball to.

Jozy compliments Dempsey much better. I really hated him, but he is a vital part of this USMNT. From his interviews, he seems in good spirits, so fingers crossed.
Saw my first ever BPL game in person this year, Sunderland at Fulham. Saw Clint and Jozy. In this game, Sunderland's strategy seemed to be to have the keeper crush the ball downfield towards Jozy where he was to win it and dish it off. He was responsible for 2 goals in a 4-1 win for Sunderland, including drawing a PK. They played off him very well. US is thin up front for sure. Sure wish Eddie Johnson was on the squad. They could really use him now.

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote