Thread: bobby clarke...
View Single Post
Old
02-15-2004, 11:27 AM
FearTheFlyers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HFNHL Commish
It's intelligent responses like this one that make reading the HF Boards so enlightening...
I don't recall asking you to critique what I post.

Quote:
If the Flyers were to replace Bob Clarke, which they won't, I can't think of too many GMs out there that would be a better choice than Burke. With a relatively strict budget, Burke has managed to put together a competitive, contending team for three years in a row. He's also managed to keep his core of Naslund, Bertuzzi, Jovo, and Ohlund intact. Not bad, considering the state of the franchise when Quinn left.
I never said anything about Brian Burke and the quality of GM he is, I hear they have an ok team out there, however, Brian Burke has NEVER won anything, So he is no upgrade over Bobby at all. My comment was based on the fact that I can't stand Brian Burke, he is an ignorant, egotistical person. Whenever he is interviewed I can't help but stop and wonder why he's being so rude to the journalist. If I had to listen to Brian Burke whine and complain about why his team isin't winning every day i'd go crazy.