View Single Post
Old
06-17-2014, 08:16 PM
Mikos87

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
Every prospect mentioned in your post Mikos87 has been a professional hockey player for at least several years. Fast and and Lindberg both played in one of the better professional leagues in the world. I think you're comparing apples and oranges.

Kristo spent 4 years in college--we can argue over whether he should have left earlier or spent more time learning the defensive side of the game. However, he's only played professionally for a little over a year. It's way too early to suggest he's never going to get any further than the AHL. Let's see what happens over the summer--hopefully Kristo will use this season as motivation and come into training camp fighting to take the next step.
I don't disagree with you, MSL really didn't become a full time NHLer until 25, as mentioned, I don't think he's ever played 3-zone hockey from what I saw in the A. The tools are there, but the toolbox...? I saw enough where I think he's a ways away from the NHL defensively.

Missing checks, stick not on the ice, stick not in passing lanes, winning board battles or creating turnovers on the forecheck. Basically my pov is that he is an NHL talent with the puck on his stick, but nowhere else.

He did dominate during college and was the best player outside of Lindberg at Traverse City, but that's it so far. He'll need to do a lot more to become an NHLer on a winning team, I don't think Fast is as gifted offensively as Kristo, but he makes the team because he won't hurt you defensively in a game where the margin for error are very small.

Not saying he won't make it, but saying it will be unlikely with the Rangers, especially with him turning UFA next year (unless he plays 80 games with the Rangers).