View Single Post
Old
06-17-2014, 11:30 PM
Garbage Goal

vCash: 500
I'm not sure if Shero is good managerial material in any capacity honestly. For reasons GKJ outlined. That whole Pens organization, both with coaching and the front office, is filled with a bad stench. Really wouldn't want any of those people there because it's pretty spectacular how bad of a team they are despite having the two best scorers in the world for essentially their NHL lives (or at least up until this point). Ever since that Cup win and the more the likes of Bylsma/Shero molded the team the worse they've become. Don't want any part of that.

There's only one thing I can think of as impressive in Shero's tenure in that he has a tendency to do well or at least not get fleeced in trades. His D drafting is still waiting to be judged in part, but how much of that was his scouts? Also, even if the D drafting had been good their drafting everywhere else has been pretty terrible lately. Their forward prospect pool is pretty terrible and has been for a while now. I can't think of any big name goalies in their prospect system either.

Garbage Goal is online now   Reply With Quote