View Single Post
Old
06-18-2014, 10:46 AM
Prongo
Beer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
We already saw what happens when you give MacDonald heavy minutes on the Isle. If that's the case for next year than prepare yourself for a long year.
We saw the same thing with Streit as well when people were complaining about that signing. I have also said I don't think it's the players up in New York, they have the worst coach in the NHL. That paired with the one of the worst GA this year also doesn't help MacDonalds case. He was being misused big time there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker View Post
A lot of people trash MacDonald because of the stats, but I'm not going to worry about any of that until I see him play a full year here. He was playing for a garbage team before, kinda like how Mason was bad when he was on a trash team. You never know how someone will play on a better team.
I agree with this. One of the major knocks on MacDonald is his corsi numbers and some people put too much stock into any stat. His biggest weakness is neutral zone and his entries. There is where the problem lies, something I believe with different coaching can help.