View Single Post
Old
06-18-2014, 10:03 PM
jerseyjinx94
I jinx players.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
I'm not angry at him for not scoring, I just don't like his game. He is soft, overpaid and streaky. Rick Nash was brought in to score and score a lot, not for his back checking or his friggin intangibles. Big goals, big plays at big times. None of that happened in 4 rounds of playoff hockey, even longer if you count last post season. I see zero reason to believe he will ever be a dominating offensive player for us.
But you've only seen him play in 2 postseason runs. Those are pretty much his only playoff experiences after 8 years of playing for a **** team. I don't think you can just write him off as someone who will never figure it out. He's a pretty damn good hockey player. All goal scorers are streaky. I wouldn't say he's soft, either. He was using the body in the playoffs quite often. He shied away from contact due to the concussions most likely during most of the season. No one mentions the damn concussions at all. Look, I'm disappointed in Nash's goal scoring issues in the playoffs as much as anyone. You guys make me feel like a Nash-lover. I'm not enamored with him or anything. I just think the NY fanbase in general has absolutely zero patience for adversity. Take a look at an in game thread. When a goal is scored, there's 2 pages of people ranting about how stupid a player is or how bad they are. Patience, my friend, patience. A full year healthy for Nash will do wonders and if he struggles in the playoffs again...I may be on your side of the fence.

Stepan struggled mightily in the playoffs and he had a pretty damn good playoffs this year. He can figure it out is my point.

Him being overpaid has nothing to do with his game, by the way, although I do think he's about a million over his value.