View Single Post
Old
06-19-2014, 08:25 AM
Fletch

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyjinx94 View Post
But you've only seen him play in 2 postseason runs. Those are pretty much his only playoff experiences after 8 years of playing for a **** team. I don't think you can just write him off as someone who will never figure it out. He's a pretty damn good hockey player. All goal scorers are streaky. I wouldn't say he's soft, either. He was using the body in the playoffs quite often. He shied away from contact due to the concussions most likely during most of the season. No one mentions the damn concussions at all. Look, I'm disappointed in Nash's goal scoring issues in the playoffs as much as anyone. You guys make me feel like a Nash-lover. I'm not enamored with him or anything. I just think the NY fanbase in general has absolutely zero patience for adversity. Take a look at an in game thread. When a goal is scored, there's 2 pages of people ranting about how stupid a player is or how bad they are. Patience, my friend, patience. A full year healthy for Nash will do wonders and if he struggles in the playoffs again...I may be on your side of the fence.

Stepan struggled mightily in the playoffs and he had a pretty damn good playoffs this year. He can figure it out is my point.

Him being overpaid has nothing to do with his game, by the way, although I do think he's about a million over his value.
I think the lack of patience comes with experience. The Rangers have had the same GM for some time now. He's done some good and some bad, with the bad obviously being accentuated among the fanbase. Well, forget about Sather for a moment, it's the Rangers in general. We have seen big ticket guys come in (through trades and as UFAs). They're traded for pieces that are typically homegrown, and it's that homegrown talent that everyone seems to really root for and hope does well. And then they get here and do not live up to their billing. Some not even close. Nash and Richards are examples, with Nash being a bigger example since he was a bigger ticket. The expectation was he could put the team over the top with his offensive talent...and that includes in the playoffs. That he had only four games experience is immaterial. If he plays hard and tough, he can score in the playoffs. Kovalev scored 9 goals in his first playoff season. Why can't Nash, a vet, do well in his second playoff series? Why can't he do well in his third playoff series? Two seasons in and he hasn't earned his paycheck and really didn't come in and do what was expected and there isn't an expectation next season will be different. He's not 24 years old. He's 31 and has been in the league for a while. So the fanbase has seen this and made up their minds. And those who are patient are fine to be patient. I am because I have no other choice and don't think he sucks and looking back on the "what could have beens" isn't typically my style; gotta move forward. But being patient is sometimes just being hopeful. AV was patient with Richards. He kept him in there and the funny thing is he didn't put him back quick enough (thought he was one of the better skaters in game 5 and Moore was a drag on the top line - should've moved up sooner). I'm with you on waiting, jersey, but will have a criticism here and there and do understand the impatience. If there are "garbage" comments, then that is something I really wouldn't understand.