Thread: bobby clarke...
View Single Post
Old
02-15-2004, 03:19 PM
JCD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Clarke Fan Club
That's areal solid post JCD, except you can't possibly think it's gonna take "Divine Intervention," for the current Flyers to win a Cup do you? We're one of the top 4 teams in the NHL right now. If you need "Divine Intervention," this year...whats the point of even icing a team? We may need a few breaks...which we're notorious for not getting, but we have as good a shot as anyone in the East. Get to the Finals and I like this team...if only it were so easy. Great post but I do think you underestimate this Team.
I have become a cynic. Looking good in the regular season has never been our problem. In the crunch, we find a way to collapse.

Right now, we are devoid of anybody I would call a play-off hero. In fact, our players are known for overwhelmingly bombing in the post season. JR, Primeau, Burke, Amonte, LeClair even Rico (last 5+ years) have tanked it in the post-season. IMO, we are no better than the 3rd or 4th best team in the East. Add in several Western teams and I don't like our chances at the Cup. Our best days are behind us.

Earlier this year, I said rebuild. I agree with what Snyder said last year completely" If we can't win with Hitchcock, we can't win at all. We didn't win. IMO, our best shot at the Cup will be in the post-CBA era with a team built around Gagne and Pitkanen. I wanted Williams to be the captain of that team, but that can't happen now.