View Single Post
Old
02-15-2004, 07:04 PM
OMA

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby
Calgary hits the road for 11 of its next 15 games, if they are going to falter, now will be the time, their schedule is just brutal the next couple weeks.

Road games at Detroit (twice), Ottawa, New Jersey, Dallas and 2 at Denver vs. the Avs. Sandwiched between those road games is a 2 game homestand featuring Detroit. If the Flames come out of these games having faced Detroit three times, Colorado twice and Ottawa and are still in the playoffs they have made believers of me, I just dont expect it, this could be the stretch that kills Calgary's season
It's a brutal stretch for sure. As a Flames fan, it's not the fact that they are on the road that concerns me, it's the opponents. Calgary's 5 games over 500 on the road, and the "road" game is more condusive to them. But it's the opponents that are difficult.

This stretch will make it or break it for them. If they can come out of this around 500 (even 2 games under), they'll have a much easier schedule and will still be at a 90 point pace.

Congrats on your Kings BTW. It's amazing what Murray and co. have accomplished with the injuries you guys have sustained. You guys deserve the playoffs, and i hope you get it (not at the expense of teh Flames though )