06-21-2014, 10:35 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vogeezy View Post
Sore Loser when is your guess that we would see these guys in cbj unis

Like is it possible Wennberg is playing for us next year full time
For any of them (including Wennberg) to make the team out of camp, they are going to have to displace someone else. And for me, that means someone in the top three lines, because there's no reason having Alex Wennberg, Kerby Rychel, or even Marko Dano, playing fourth line minutes in the NHL instead of key minutes in the AHL. I would be really surprised to see any of these prospects on the roster to start the year, but it is possible that with injuries and other occurrences, that they get called up.

My guess is, one of them gets called up around Christmas and spends the rest of the year with the team. I think it will by Rychel. We have more of a need for a player of his style than any other prospect in the system, IMO ... if he can bring any sort of goal scoring to the NHL level, we'll be in solid shape.

After that:

Zaar: 2015 is hopeful ... he could be ready for a full-time job by then. It all depends on how well he adjusts to the North American game.
Anderson: 2015 is a stretch ... more likely 2016.
Wennberg: 2014 callups, 2015 full-time.
Dano: Same as Wennberg ... he may be the most "ready" prospect in our system, but I would love to see him get some scoring confidence before earning a full-time spot.
Bjorkstrand: 2016 ... hopefully he's kept back until then, at which point he could be a potential Calder candidate. He's a ways away.
Reilly: 2016

Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote