View Single Post
06-22-2014, 09:08 PM
Cake or Death
Originally Posted by GWOW View Post
Stralman was a garbage-nobody, plucked off the scrap heap.

The Rangers have been absolutely committed to him. While I agree he can do whatever he wants, if he likes it in NY and the offer is competitive, then he should give the Rangers the opportunity to sign him.
What does it matter what he was in the past? He is not negotiating right now on his past, he is negotiating on his recent performance and what teams think he can offer and is worth to them going forward.

Originally Posted by GWOW View Post
Just because they didn't negotiate during the season doesn't mean the team doesn't want him.

And I never said he should turn down a contract elsewhere. I said if he gets an offer, he should see if the Rangers would match. If not he can sign elsewhere.

It's a gentlemen agreement most agents recommend unless the player is absolutely miserable with his current team.
What are you basing this on? Do you know enough agents first hand to say what the majority of them privately recommend to the players they represent? My observation is this is a business, and teams and players do what is best for them. The multiple CBA disruptions more or less drove that home.

Look, I'm not trying to be disagreeable, but Stralman made less over his entire combined 8 year career than Brad Richards made this season alone. This is guy's optimal chance to get a really good pay day, and control where he ends up and his term length. If that is with our squad, so be it, but I will not hold it against him at all or be the least bit surprised if he moves on.