View Single Post
Old
06-23-2014, 10:57 AM
Ail
Kidmograph tho.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust Heisenberg View Post
No, this board lives in a world where impractical trades don't ever exist. It usually never gives the benefit of the doubt to the desperate or stupid GM that overpays.

It completely disregards the fact that many GM's value certainty over potential.

And again, I'm not insisting that we sign Stastny, but it could totally fit if the management wanted him... and it's much more of a possibility than many on here will like to admit.

If you think that i'm in favor of adding Stastny for 7 years and watch him become Richards 2.0, you're mistaken.

The only thing I'm advocating for is trading Staal while his value is high and for a young player that will hopefully slot into our core for years to come.

Those type of trades happen often, especially by teams trying to win with their cores now - i.e. Detroit with Zetterberg and Datsyuk. Or teams that are trying to take the next step and add a veteran guy to their younger-ish locker room - i.e Minnesota or Colorado.
Whether or not you are on the Stastny express is irrelevant to me. The bottom line is, at six or seven million his contract will cripple this team and cause them to lose key players who just helped them to the Finals. If they sign Stastny management is even more idiotic than we ever envisioned and this team is in big doodoo.