View Single Post
Old
06-23-2014, 11:05 AM
Fletch

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust Heisenberg View Post
I think that is how you can sell him. My personal opinion on his play is that he's solid, and could be a very adequate 1st line pairing defender for a team with the space to put him there. I also think he'll look better on a more defensive minded team that isn't about transition hockey and defensive pinch ins that spotlight mobile defenders that can move quickly north-south.

I also think his last name will bear a higher package in return.

As for my opinion on Allen, it's a hope, not a fact. You could be right on him. I could be wrong. He may not be able to handle the 2nd line duties. But from what i saw in Hfd, and the game he had up here, he was calm, composed, limits his mistakes, has really good positioning, is mobile, a big body, and will provide similar offensive output to Staal.

I think with a defensively responsible partner like Stralman or Klein, he'll blossom into a very important depth player for us. And most importantly, he won't be making anywhere near 6 million...ever.
the guy you describe in paragraph one seems like a perfect fit for the Rangers. I'll keep him!